History
Coon Valley Farmer's Telephone Company (CVFTC), located in Coon Valley, WI, was incorporated under the laws of the State of Wisconsin on December 11, 1907. J.K. Rundahl served as the first President, and C.F. Brinkman was the first secretary of the company. Authorized capital stock for the Corporation was $4,600. In 1911, this amount was raised to $15,000. Each farm desiring service was required to pay $40 per share of stock to help pay for the expense of constructing the line. The first switchboard was located in Spellum's Lumber Yard office and was attended six days each week. CVFTC furnished magneto service for the next 49 years from switchboards located in Coon Valley, Chaseburg, and Stoddard, serving parts of Vernon, La Crosse, and Monroe Counties.

In 1956, CVFTC applied for a loan from the Rural Electrification Administration, rebuilt the entire system and switched over to dial service on July 8, 1958. This new system furnished one, two, and four-party service in the villages and eight-party service in the rural areas.

On December 21, 1969, a new dial system was completed, furnishing one-party service to all the subscribers. At this time, CVFTC moved into a new office building located at 105 Central Avenue in Coon Valley, WI.

CVFTC currently serves 2,018 access lines, offering local service along with custom calling features, voicemail, and high-speed Internet. A subsidiary was formed in 1997, Coon Valley Communications (CVC), to serve the long-distance needs of subscribers. In the fall of 2003, CVFTC began offering digital video television service. Customers who sign up for the service are able to talk on the telephone, watch television, and utilize high-speed Internet all at the same time over one telephone line.

In the spring of 2010, CVFTC began to install fiber optic lines to handle increases in bandwidth demand from its customers. High Definition (HD) video signals, digital video recorders (DVRs), and Internet media streaming all contributed to this increase in demand. As of 2015, about 20% of CVFTC's customers have active fiber optic service.  The company plans to have their service medium be 100% fiber optic by 2025.

CVFTC currently employs ten full-time employees, including three front-office staff and seven technicians.

Board Presidents:
Lester Mundstock - February 1956 to February 1990
Dean Amundson - February 1990 to February 1999
Wilbert Proksch - February 1999 to February 2008
Joe Berra Jr. - February 2008 to present

Current Board of Directors:
Joe Berra Jr. - President
David Beitlich - Vice President
Jean Gronvold - Secretary/Treasurer
LeRoy Manke
Sue Frydenlund
Rod Erlandson
Mike Evenstad